Happy Saturday loves!
‘Rona is really messing with a whole lot but I’m really feeling it when it comes to Spring fashion, is anyone else on the same page as me?! I have literally been in pajamas & sweats for the past month!! It’s terrible and I can’t wait for this to be over so that we can go back to our normalcy. Prior to this chaos hitting, I did a little shopping (shhh, don’t tell my hubby, lol). I found some really great finds and was dying to throw them on once the warmer weather hit, but ‘rona had other plans obviously. *inserts eye roll here*
I’ve always loved fashion but it really has changed after I hadn’t my kids. There is nothing worse than feeling uncomfortable chasing after your kids, so there are certain things I will not wear around them. Let’s face it though, keeping up with the trends is costly, so I love finding pieces the are transitional. This dress I found at Forever 21 was the perfect piece!
This dress screams spring vibes, sexy vibes & mommy vibes all at once so I had to grab it. The transition was super simple, just a few pieces made it go from the typical mom ‘fit to Sunday brunch!
Here I paired it with a blazer, my favorite sneakers and a cross body – definitely PTA approved, ladies!
Here, I lost the blazer to show a little more skin and threw on some heels & a little clutch – definitely brunch approved. The dress was under $20 and can be styled so many different ways!
I really hope this helps you guys see how you can buy one piece and wear it over and over again.
With all of us home quarantined, I started scrambling for activities and all sorts of fun to keep my kids occupied with out having to run to the store to buy any ingredients or supplies. Now, let me put in my disclaimer about how much I despise Play Doh, but this was super easy and gave the kids something entertaining to do. The ingredients are minimal and you most likely have them in your pantry. It took all of 10 minutes and the clean up wasn’t horrible. It also keeps my kids busy for all of 11 minutes through out the day, now you may think 11 minutes is nothing but with this #quarantinelife I’ll even take 2 minutes, lol!
Check it out and let me know if you try this recipe and how it came out by tagging me at Em Loren.
- 2- 2 1/2 cups of Plain Flour
- 1/2 Cup of Water
- 2 TBSP of Oil (I used baby oil, olive oil smells funny after a few days)
- 1/2 Cup of Salt
- Food Coloring
What To Do?
- Combine your flour, salt and oil in a bowl
- Take your food coloring (if you are using) and mix it well into your water. Add water to your mixture.
- Stir it well, I suggest using a baking spoon before getting your hands messy. Once most of it is combined, you can use your hands and start kneading.
- Continue kneading until it is no longer sticky, you made have to add more flour. Don’t be lazy with this part, this is the key to your play dough in order to make sure it comes out the perfect consistency
- When not in use, make sure to seal in an air tight container or a zip lock bag.
TA-DA! There you have it Super simple and easy, just how this mama likes it!
Your business may be the go to for your customers, have excellent customer service and impeccable products but if it’s dusty, infested with bugs or unsanitary, then your customers may be looking elsewhere for their services and goods down the road. What can you do to keep your customers happy, your employees doing their job and overall health and safety for everyone in and out of your store? Of course it isn’t just germs and dirt that can negatively affect the company’s image. Having stained or damaged flooring, awful lighting or even loud music nearby can also contribute to the overall vibe that a customer has of your business. You want to have your best foot forward when it comes to a professional and well cleaned establishment. People want the very best when shopping in your store, especially if they are going to be spending their hard earned money when right now, money is a little tight.
What rooms need cleaning? Below are ones you’ll want to get looked at right away.
- Bathrooms – This is something that is super important. It doesn’t matter if you own a clothing store, a restaurant or just a building bathroom. A sanitary, sterile and fresh bathroom can make your employees and customers feel comfortable while also showcasing your brand and business in a positive light. This truly gives those who walk in and out of the building lasting impressions and keep them coming back day after day.
- Floors – If you are a business owner, it can be hard to continue to keep your floors looking their best, especially in very high traffic areas. Adding some floor mats both inside and outside of the entrance can be a good idea to help. The mats can trap debris, dirt and keep it from being tracked everywhere throughout the building. Also, depending on the type of establishment you have and the number of employees or customers coming in and out, someone might need to clean the floor a few times a day. The floor is one of the very first things a customer notices upon entering the establishment so this is a big thing to keep track of day after day.
- Routine Schedule – If you don’t have time to hire a professional, have a set schedule for your employees to help get things tidy before and after you open and close. This can be easily done by assigning jobs to your employees, having a set schedule on who does what and rotate jobs every few weeks or so. Keep everyone accountable for what they can do and what they can’t and make sure that everyone is checking things off as they do it.
Image: FDC Commercial Solutions
If you are looking to hire a professional, you want to make sure it’s the best. When it comes to quality company to help you keep your business clean, you want one that comes highly recommended to you. If you live in New Jersey, be sure to give a call to FDC Cleaning Solutions. They offer commercial office cleaning in Monmouth County and provide comprehensive training for any new crew members they hire. The business is a team of dedicated management that aims to provide the best service for every single client. All of their employees have continuous training to provide you the high quality cleaning service you and your business deserve. They are aware that cleanliness is critical and crucial to the success of your business which is why, as professionals, they are committed to delivering only the best experience for you. Whether you have a special event, run a hotel, manage a surgical center or are trying to be the new up and coming business in your neighborhood, they’ll help you with many services to make you feel good and ready to go.
With FDC Solutions, they use the most modern cleaning technology. Their staff regularly r-trains to stay on top of the latest industry techniques. When you need high quality cleaning, count on them to deliver only the best. They offer decades of experience in the cleaning industry. Their services staffing, waste disposal and cleaning for their clients from various industries. They also offer customized cleaning solutions to fit different business needs and budget. Consider them your one stop shop to provide everything you need to keep things running smoothly and not have to worry about the little things.
What things does your business need help with? If it’s cleaning, you certainly know who to call to assist you!
If you are thinking about demolishing your home, there are a few difficult ways and a few easy ways to help you in the process. Is your home an older home and you want to start over? Tearing it down means that you can make way for a new construction. Demolition companies help you prepare for a new home or even a remodel. Companies can provide total demolition services to remove any traces of an exciting structure or particle services to prepare for a huge renovation or interior projects. Some companies you might find can even demo an old swimming pool if it’s something you are wanting to get rid of.
If you need help on cost, there are a few ways you can help lower the cost before the demolition even begins!
- Donate Your Home To The Fire Department– If your plan is to demolish your home to the ground so you can rebuild all over or maybe you just want to clear out some land, sometimes if you call the local fire department they can offer a tax write off for the opportunity to use your home as a burn exercise. During this exercise, your fire department will come in and perform various training exercises for their team to work on. This is a great win win for everyone because your home will burn down where a pile of rubble and ash can be loaded into a dumpster and hauled away as well as helping train firefighters to assist those in a fire.
- Do It Yourself – While it’s helpful to get the pros to help in the long run, you can work on a few things before they get there to help speed up the process and help you save a bit of money too. When it comes to taking apart several items of your home, be sure that you are also disposing of these items properly. For example, if you have windows you can replace them into something else in your home, recycle the metal frames and screens or any unpainted window wood. As far as the glass, dispose of that or any wood that is painted.
- Ask For Help – If you are comfortable with the idea of having a crew of trained volunteers come into your home or even having a few neighbors stop by to help remove any items or materials with you, this is a great way to get out of your home quickly while also getting extra help too. You get the house deconstructed and they get the salvaged building materials if they want so it’s a win win for everyone! If you have any old appliances you are planning on replacing like mentioned above, feel free to spread the love and let others who might need it grab it in exchange for helping you. Even flooring can be reused to someone too!
Image: C Mac Contracting
Now that you’re able to get things done quickly, what about the actual rebuild process? Finding a good quality company to help with your reconstruction can be tricky. For example, if you are wanting to add a new kitchen to your home, you’ll want to call in a professional who can lay the wood down properly, hang your cabinets straight and create your vision in a few simple steps. If you live in the New Jersey state, you’ll need to call C Mac Contracting. Specifically this company helps with kitchen remodeling in Bay Head area. From improving home to attention to detail, the owners of this business have been assisting and guiding homeowners since 2012. Not only do you get to see your kitchen renovation done in a timely manner but also within your desired budget. They walk you through every step of the way and have gained a spotless reputation among many of their satisfied homeowners due to their professionalism, reliability, honesty and commitment.
While rebuilding your home can be a scary process, the result is your dream project comes to life in a few short weeks or months. With the proper company assisting you every step of the way, you’ll be able to enjoy your brand new kitchen, open concept of your home or a project you’ve long been waiting to get checked off your to do list. Take your time, enjoy the process because it will be worth the wait. What items have you worked on in your home? Did you have any issues along the way? I’d love to hear what you’re working on in the comments below!
Is anyone else super excited that warmer weather is coming up so quickly? I can’t wait to get the windows open and scrub our home clean! I’ve really been trying to work more with do-it-yourself cleaning products. Shockingly to those who think this is a lot more work to do, it’s actually easy and super efficient to do in minutes. Some of the most common household items clean just as effectively as their commercial ones but making it yourself can be less expensive. Another bonus is that most cleaning products lack the chemicals that are found in many of the products we purchase in the stores. If you have any family members who are allergic to some mass produced products or who might be super sensitive to strong scents, making them yourself is a much better option.
So now the question is how to find the perfect spray to help on every surface of your home, including your wood floors? If your home has hardwood or laminate flooring, you might want to consider some of the sprays below but first know what kind of floor you have, and how it’s finished and sealed before making your own. Water is usually not recommended to use on any waxed floors and should always be used sparingly on any type of wood floors and finishes. If you have any doubts about how to clean our floors, check with your manufacturer to see what they recommend.
Image: Selecta Flooring
If you live in the New Jersey area, a quality and trustworthy company to help you give the hardwood floors you’ve dreamed of is called Selecta Flooring. Wth decades of expertise on picking the right flooring, they can assist you in finding the perfect ones for your home that include laminate, hardwood options and more. They also know the importance of having eco-friendly wood floors if you are wanting something to assist the environment with. The hardwood floor installation is no longer a detriment to the environment with the right finishes and wood, hardwood can be just as eco-friendly as any other type of flooring which is something i personally gravitate towards.
Image: Selecta Flooring
One of the reasons why we love the wood floors within our home is because it’s known for being a relatively low maintenance wood and for most of the damp, just a light damp mop with a little bit of warm water is really needed for a routine cleaning. When they are extra dirty or need more of a cleaning power, there are several cleaners I have to save me money, effort and time.
- Essential Oils, Water and Vinegar – Many of my friends have always shared with me about using a little bit of warm water and vinegar to help keep their hardwood floors clean but I also like to add some of my essential oils to the mix as well. I like to add a nice fragrance to the cleaning solution to assist in that. Essential oils come in a variety of flavors so you’re able to choose just a few drops to add to a super easy solution for an added sense of clean. My personal favorite is ‘breathe’ because it has a peppermint fragrance that makes my entire house smell like peppermints!
- Tea Bags – I had no idea I could use tea bags in my pantry to help me clean my floors!Ordinary tea bags actually help clean the floors while adding some shine and luster to it. I actually make a few extra bags when I brew my tea and then use it to assist me keep things clean.
- Vegetable Oil and Water – When making this particular spray, combine the oil and vinegar and pour it into a spray bottle. Mix a fresh batch every time you clean to avoid the oil becoming rancid. Spray the cleaner onto the floor and mop with a microfiber cloth. The vinegar will help remove the dirt while the oil helps to condition the wood so it doesn’t dry out! This is one of my favorite and super simple sprays to have around the house to use before guests come over!
Another great tip to keep your hardwood floors looking their best longer is by frequently sweeping and vacuuming them to pick up any particles that can build up over time or even scratch your surfaces. To minimize the need for damp mopping all the time, use a dry microfiber paid for routine floor cleaning. Always clean up spills right away ( hello mom life all the time ) and keep your pet’s nail trimmed to avoid any scratches too. If you have an area rug for high traffic areas, this can help keep things clean and use furniture ads to keep them in place on your wood floors.