DIY Play Dough Recipe
With all of us home quarantined, I started scrambling for activities and all sorts of fun to keep my kids occupied with out having to run to the store to buy any ingredients or supplies. Now, let me put in my disclaimer about how much I despise Play Doh, but this was super easy and gave the kids something entertaining to do. The ingredients are minimal and you most likely have them in your pantry. It took all of 10 minutes and the clean up wasn't horrible. It also keeps my kids busy for all of 11 minutes through out the day, now you may think 11 minutes is nothing but with this #quarantinelife I'll even take 2 minutes, lol!
Check it out and let me know if you try this recipe and how it came out by tagging me at Em Loren.
- 2- 2 1/2 cups of Plain Flour
- 1/2 Cup of Water
- 2 TBSP of Oil (I used baby oil, olive oil smells funny after a few days)
- 1/2 Cup of Salt
- Food Coloring
What To Do?
- Combine your flour, salt and oil in a bowl
- Take your food coloring (if you are using) and mix it well into your water. Add water to your mixture.
- Stir it well, I suggest using a baking spoon before getting your hands messy. Once most of it is combined, you can use your hands and start kneading.
- Continue kneading until it is no longer sticky, you made have to add more flour. Don't be lazy with this part, this is the key to your play dough in order to make sure it comes out the perfect consistency
- When not in use, make sure to seal in an air tight container or a zip lock bag.
TA-DA! There you have it Super simple and easy, just how this mama likes it!