Outdoor Living |Landscape For Beginners
This is a sponsored post, but as always all opinions are my own.
It’s no secret that life around the world changed in the blink of an eye earlier this year. School’s were shut down, employees working from home, no outdoor dining. It really made most of us appreciate our homes and family life more. I’ve always said that your home is your temple, no matter how big or small, new or old you should always walk into your home and feel content with it. Loving, comfortable, and catered to your style and needs.
In Jersey, the weather has been warm for a few months now and with everything shut down we have already spent so much time in our yard. I am so grateful and feel so blessed that we do have an outdoor area for the kids to run around and get some fresh air. Thank goodness, because without the outdoors and wine i would’ve totally lost it during the quarantine.
As some of you may know, we are in the process of building our new home and with public places just starting to re open in our area my hopes of going on an actual vacation are slim to know. So I thought, work with what you got - I want to turn our yard into an oasis for us to enjoy all summer long.
I know I wanted to go with a professional company because let’s face it - I hate bugs and my husband isn’t a “get your hands dirty kinda guy.” That’s when I found Onorato Landscaping LLC in Bergen County. They offer landscaping and hardscaping for both residential and commercial properties. With over 10 years of experience I know I can trust their information and direction. The best thing I read about Marc is that he is skilled in developing projects to be implemented in multi-season phases to accommodate everyone’s budget.
Like many things, poor curb appeal grinds my gears and for the first time (since we are now homeowners) I will be able to design our outdoor landscaping. Talk about exciting!! So I decided to get some research done and figure out what exactly it is I wanted because the options are endless but it gets VERY expensive VERY quickly. Did you know that you can add as much as 15% of your home’s value with just landscaping?! I sure didn’t, but what i did know is I want to get the best bang for my buck (as always).
Here are a few things I learned that stuck out to me:
- As much as you are worried about what your landscaping looks like from the street view, you should pay attention to how it looks like from the inside of your house.
- Check out the perennials that will work in your area and climate. Perennials are flowers or plants that will grow again year after year without you having to replant them.
- Buy RUBBER mulch. It lasts years, you don't have to replace it every year like regular mulch (waste of money) and it is a great way to recycle.
- Add LED lighting elements wherever you’d like some spotlight. In the last 10 years lighting has become very affordable thanks to LED technology, some even come solar powered.
- Lastly, I knew I wanted to find flowers and plants that deer won’t eat. I live in Morris County and the deer is out of control! I found that Ferns and Wildflower are just a few of the most common ones that will keep deer and other animals from snacking. It would be a shame to pay so much money to have them eaten overnight, don’t you think?!
Image: Onorato Landscaping LLC
For most of us when we think of outdoor landscaping we think plants, flowers, and grass but let’s not forget about the hardscaping. If you are looking for a less maintenance yard you should look into hardscaping. These custom Bergen County fire pits can be designed and built right on your custom patio area.There are many factors that come into play when designing a fire pit such as placement, will you be using it for cooking or just decoratively, stone or stucco, etc. So it will be a lot for you to take into consideration before designing but it will definitely become the centerpiece of your property.
I can not wait to see my vision come to life while putting all to use this information I have gathered. If you are doing home renovation projects and revamping make sure you enjoy your outdoor view as well! It’s just as a part of your home as the inside.